The Three-Body Problem, BEST STORY of 2015 Hugo Awards. Below is purely my personal experience reading the novel, no spoiler involved.
[Amazon link]The Three-Body Problem
I never thought this story would win the Hugo Awards when first reading it in Chinese several years ago, 2011 to be precise. It is a Sci-Fi novel running on a local magazine called "World of Science Fiction".
I clearly remember discussing looking for some noticable novels to read. "How abuot the three body problem by CiXin Liu?" I asked. A friends of mine smiled and said, "Ah, three-body problem, I started reading it before bedtime, thinking 'Hm... There's still time before sleep. Maybe just a little bit of bedtime story.' And the next thing I knew, is the sunrise of the next day." That's a pretty high recommendation for a book nowadays. Therefore, I decided that I will give this "The Three-Body Problem" thing a GO. I downloaded the book on my phone on my way back home that night and started reading around 11pm, and the next thing I noticed is the break of dawn.
To conclude, I have NOT felt this way about a novel for a long time.

No comments:
Post a Comment