Monday, November 16, 2015

[Game Recommendation] Great games I played recently

Let's just say that I have some time to kill. And I decide to catch up with some great games I missed in recent years.

[Wii] Xenoblade chronicles - $39.99
Best RPG ever! It has everything I expect from a great RPG. The Japanese version released in 2010 and the English version released in 2013.

1, Fascinating main story line
Every time I entered the next chapter I am actually anxious to know what's happening next?!

2, Huge Free-to-explore maps
It gives me EXP every time I found a new location makes it rewarding to explore the map as much as I can. 

3, Beautiful soundtrack
I personally think it is important since we have to listen to it through out our gameplay.

4, Loads of optional tasks
Mixed feeling on this one. Somebody loves it, somebody hates it. Well, it is part of the game, plus some hidden personality/item would require completing certain tasks.

I spent more than 99 hours on this game. It kind of worth its price tag which is $39.99 by the way. But there's not much to explore after clearing the game. Unlike a lot of Japanese RPG, there's no hidden/new story in "New Game Plus", which is quite a disappointment.


[iOS/Android] Framed - $2.99
Great game play! 

The idea of changing the order of the frames to change the outcome is a pretty fresh experience. It's $2.99, but I'd rather pay for the game comparing to pay later with money sucking in-app-purchase of some "freemium" games.

It took me several hours to clear all the stages. The puzzles are very well designed and a lot of fun. 



[iOS/Android] Puzzle and Dragon - Free


OMG, I hate and love this game! It's so addictive and yet so much fun!

I love its game play a lot. 
1, It has this "collecting and evolving monsters" part like pokemon. 
2, Build a team with members' skills compliment each other is also important part of the game.
3, Its new match-3 style attack takes time to practice. It makes you feel in control of the game.

I honestly don't know how much money/time I spend on this game. It has been 2 and a half years since I first downloaded puzzle and dragon. I seriously thought about sell the account and move on from this game forever. And yet, it always finds its way back to my phone.

Well, try it if you have some time to kill. But I hope you have better self control than I do. I suck at self-control.


[iOS] Agent A - A Puzzle in Disguise $2.99
This is a nicely-done puzzle game on iOS platform featuring how to catch an international spy! My complain is, the story is too short for a "paid" game! It only takes 1-2 hours to clear all the stages. 

However, it does not have a hint system built-in. Here's a blog that have screenshots illustrating the complete walk through of the game. 


Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment