Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Should I buy a Amazon Fire Phone unlocked 32GB?

Update:
I just bought it. Wish me luck.

It has been a while since Amazon dropped the price for its Amazon Fire Phone (32GB unlocked) to 199 USD. The best part is, it comes with a one year prime membership. That makes the real price for the phone only 99 USD. That probably is the best deal for an unlocked phone now. 



I've always been using unlocked phones because I am not a huge fan of a 2-year contact.
My Nexus 4 is a little dated and the 8 GB storage is really tight. I have to reset it from time to time to keep it running smoothly. Trust me, resetting phone is a lot trouble. Tons of password reset and security questions because I simply cannot remember any of my passwords for those mobile apps!!!
(I am resetting it right now!!)

I've been researching on how to install all the google services on Amazon Fire Phone. It seems possible but not without some struggles.

------------------------Pros and Cons--------------------------
Pros:
1, Good price!
2, Powerful hardware!
3, Comes with my beloved Amazon Prime

Cons:
1, Possible trouble/failure in installing google services, which is necessity to me. The Amazon app store is awful and a lots apps won't work without proper google framework supporting them.
2, Insufficient battery capacity (2400 mah) with 4 cameras + 4.7 inch screen. It probably won't last longer than a day.
3, It does not have any exciting features other than maybe scanning product to buy it on Amazon?
4, I won't be the first to taste all the latest major android updates.

I am really hesitating on this purchase. Should I or shouldn't I do it? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment