Sunday, February 8, 2015

Stargate series - Classic Sci-fi recommendation

Personal Recommendation Rate:
8.0/10


In my freshman year in college, I re-discovered the Stargate series.
I know, I know, Startrek is the 1st thing came to your mind when talking about Sci-fi.
But somehow, for me, it is Stargate. SG1, SGA, SGU, simply fantastic.

It reminds me of the first time I ran into Stargate the movie (1994), talking about an interstellar teleportation device, found in Egypt, leads to a planet with humans resembling ancient Egyptians who worship the god Ra.
IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111282/

The movie opened up a brand new TV series Stargate 1 (1997-2007).
A secret military team, SG-1, is formed to explore the recently discovered Stargates.
IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118480/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Personal favorite character: Major Samantha Carter

After that, my personal favorite, Stargate Atlantis (2004-2009).
An international team of scientists and military personnel discover a Stargate network in the Pegasus Galaxy and come face-to-face with a new, powerful enemy, The Wraith.
IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374455/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
Personal favorite character:  Dr. Rodney McKay

The story is so good. For a time, I believed that there could be ancients out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment